Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife.  
The first question was, "Did you bring joy?"  
The second was, "Did you find joy?"

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dopplegangers

When Gary and Nicole and I were in the Backwaters of Kerala, I encountered a couple of different folks who lit up when I said that my name was Morgan.  Turns out there is a Tamil god whose name is Murugun, which sounds exactly the same as "Morgan" to the untrained ear.



I thought that was pretty cool.

I found out yesterday that Murugan is Ganesha's bachelor brother.  Even cooler.

THEN I found out that there is popular a Tamil character called Quick Gun Murugan.  Super Cool!

Here, my friends, is my Tamil Name Doppleganger:


THEN, when I was searching on YouTube for Doris Day singing Que Sera Sera I discovered that there is also a Tamil doppleganger of that song!  AND a music video from some movie called Pukar.

So, for your further viewing pleasure.  Que Sera Sera, Indian Style!


4 comments:

Eric said...

I love it! We just saved it to our Netflix queue. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Morganna said...

Awesome!

Agastya said...

The song (and the movie Pukaar) are actually in Hindi, not Tamil. But Murugan is also known as Kartikeya - which is my brother's name. I'm Ganesh, by proxy! ;-)

Morganna said...

Thanks, Agastya! It was very confusing when I read the comments on the various postings of the video and then tried to find confirmation on the web as to wether the song was related to the version I know in America....all the posters kept referring to the tamil song Que Sera Sera which is a kin to the Doris Day version, so I thought it must be in Tamil...but Hindi makes more sense!